8 Years

Eight years ago today, C and I became official.  The conversation went something like this:

"Ally, what are we?"
"I don't know . . . Am I your girlfriend?"
"I don't know . . . You should be!"
"Okay!"

We were 19.  I was already totally crazy about him but still a little hesitant to admit it (lest my heart be broken).  Luckily, he was crazy for me too (and it never came to that).  And we've stayed crazy for each other and made it work year after year, for eight years (and counting).    

Below is a series of eight snapshots from our relationship (one from each year).

Year 1 - Puppy Love
Year 2 - At my Grandpa's 90th Birthday Party
Year 3 - Spring Break with C's Parents in "The Moab"
Year 4 - At a Husky Football Game while Visiting C in Seattle for the Weekend
Year 5 - Valentine's Day up at Whidbey Island
Year 6 - On Top of Mount Rainier!
Year 7 - At the Finish Line of the Big Sur Marathon!
Year 8 - Being Goofs and Celebrating Valentine's Day at Home
Here's to year nine (and many, many more years) together!  We've come along way, baby.  I can't wait to see where we're going to go.

1 - Taken by our friend Jake; 2 - Taken by my Aunt Mary; 3 - Taken by my mother-in-law Lanie; 4 - Self-Portrait (by me); 5 - Self-Portrait (by C); 6 - Taken by my father-in-law's climbing partner, Ben; 7 - Professional photo (MarathonFoto); 8 - Self-Portrait (by me)

3 comments:

  1. Cbear had a beard? You two love birds are too cute. xo biggest egge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That was his first bearded period. He had a beard again last spring and it was a lot fuller. I say bring back the beard!

      Delete
  2. a rather patchy one at that

    ReplyDelete

This Little Egge All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger