Holga, Roll 1

Last week I got back my first roll of processed film from my Holga (a birthday present from C).  I was kind of nervous about it.  I've gotten so used to the instant feedback of digital photography that I'm not always as careful as I should be.  I knew I made some mistakes while shooting and by the time I went to pick up the processed film and photos from Bay Photo, I was totally prepared to get back a series of goofs.  However the film turned out better than expected.  None of the frames were perfect or even that great but I didn't live up to my worst fear and ruin the entire roll!

Below are a couple of  photos from roll 1 on my Holga:

Frame 4
Frame 6: Double Exposure
Frame 7
I think using my Holga will force me to be more thoughtful and attentive in my photography.  Or at least that's the hope.  I'm about halfway through roll two and I already feel a little more confident about the shots I've taken this time around.  I guess we'll see if my confidence is warranted when I actually get my second roll developed (hopefully sometime next week).  If nothing else, using my Holga to take photos is a fun break from my norm.  And a Holga is a whole lot lighter to carry around than a Canon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Little Egge All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger