Holga Roll 6

I started this roll in Winthrop and finished it in Santa Cruz.  It's my first roll of Kodak Porta 400 (a stocking stuffer from C).  I can already tell this film has character--it brings something to a photo that my Fugi film just didn't.  Most of these frames weren't shot in very ideal lighting conditions (i.e. it was overcast out or nearly dusk) so I'm excited to see what this film can do on a bright, sunny, Santa Cruz day. 

Until then though, here is a selection of photos from my sixth roll of film taken on my Holga:

Frame 1 - The Methow River
Frames 4 and 5 - Gates and Fences
Frames 9 and 2 - Portraits on Skis
Frame 7 - The Beginnings of Blue Skies
Frame 10 - Clock Tower from Mission
Frame 12 - Winter Leaves
Frame 12 is my favorite.  A couple of days after I took this photo, all of the branches were lopped off of the trees overhead.  Less of a mess, I guess.  This sequence of events may have colored my perception of the photo a bit.  Now it's not just a photo of leaves to me--it's a reminder of the days when the sidewalk was covered in rainbows (and the trees didn't look so sad). 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Little Egge All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger